Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Early Alzheimer's patients speak up for others

Those in early stages of disease increasingly lobby for better care, research.
To me this is very uplifting. My mother refuses to believe she suffers from Alzheimer's or dementia. This makes the situation much more difficult to handle. I am sure I am not alone in this.

Follow the link the clip to read the complete story.

clipped from www.msnbc.msn.com
Don Hayen has a handy way of deflecting the instant pity that comes when he reveals his Alzheimer's disease: "But I haven't lost my keys all day," he quickly jokes.
Hayen is part of a growing new movement in Alzheimer's: Patients diagnosed early enough to still be articulate and demand better care and better research. They are giving a voice to a disease whose victims until now have remained largely silent, and powerless.
It is a shift with big ramifications.
 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment