Monday, March 31, 2008

Chelsea Clinton Criticizes Bush in N.C.

clipped from apnews.myway.com
Chelsea Clinton returned Monday to North Carolina, telling college students that the world will "breathe a sigh of relief" once President Bush leaves office. Clinton spoke Monday during a town hall meeting with students at North Carolina State University. She later moved on to Peace College in Raleigh to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.


"I think the world will breathe a sigh of relief when this president is gone," Clinton said, criticizing Bush for pulling out of various accordings, including the Kyoto Protocol on global warming.


"Is a vote for Hillary a vote for Bill? No. A vote for Hillary is a vote for Hillary," she said. "I'm really proud of what my father did in the '90s, but I don't think you should vote for or against my mother based on my father."


In response to a question about NASA funding, Clinton said the budgets of many scientific programs have either stayed flat or been cut. She pointed to Bush's veto of stem cell research bills.

 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment